- abbr. gross national product.
* * *nounformer measure of the United States economy; the total market value of goods and services produced by all citizens and capital during a given period (usually 1 yr) (Freq. 8)• Syn: ↑gross national product• Hypernyms: ↑value
* * *abbreviationgross national product
* * *Also, G.N.P.
* * *abbrevGross national product
* * *Gross National Product: the total value of all the goods and services that a country produces in a year, including income received from money invested in other countries, but not income paid to foreign investorsThesaurus: economy and economicshyponym
* * *GNP (no periods),gross national product.
* * *abbr. gross national product
* * *abbrgross national product
* * *GNP [GNP] [ˌdʒiː en ˈpiː] [ˌdʒiː en ˈpiː] nounthe abbreviation for ‘gross national product’ (the total value of all the goods and services produced by a country in one year, including the total income from foreign countries)
Useful english dictionary. 2012.